How DPHS students feel about Halloween

Halloween is just days away. Are you ready for the spookiest time of the year! Let’s take a look at how our students at De Pere High School celebrate this time of year.

Although high schoolers tend to lose Halloween spirit, a whopping 45.7 percent of students (out of 278 responses to a Crimson Aviator poll) are going trick-or-treating this year alone.

Our survey also asked about students’ favorite candy. Between the 8 different options, Reese’s was the favorite of choice (79) along with Kit Kat (64) coming in at a close second, and Twix (45) was third. 

Unsurprisingly, asked for their least favorite candy, students put the candy bar 3 Musketeers at the top (68) followed by Crunch (46) and Skittles (43). 

Even if students don’t go trick-or-treating, that doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have Halloween spirit. Our survey asked about favorite traditions. Plenty of students carve pumpkins, hangout with friends, go to haunted houses, and or watch scary movies. One person even mentioned watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”

We also asked students for their favorite costumes of all time.

Many said they have gone as witches, angels, pirates and ninjas. Some students were out of pocket and have trick-or-treated as a banana, a gumball machine, a mayo bottle and someone was even John Cena for eight years in a row. 

Now that’s some dedication.