Meulemans to Butler; Corrigan signs with UW-Parkside

Jordan+Meulemans+and+Shane+Corrigan+sign+their+national+letters+of+intent+to+play+college+sports+next+year.+

Jordan Meulemans and Shane Corrigan sign their national letters of intent to play college sports next year.

Colton Coulombe, Reporter

On Thurs., Nov. 11, students, teachers, and parents were welcomed into the school auditorium to witness two De Pere High School senior student athletes sign their National Letters of Intent to their future collegiate athletic programs. 

Shane Corrigan has committed to UW-Parkside and Jordan Meulemans has committed to Butler, and both were joined by their families on stage, preparing to sign their letters. 

Meulemans is best known for her basketball achievements. The 6-foot athlete surpassed 1,000 career points and ranks No. 2 on De Pere’s career scoring list with 1,149 points and is on pace to set the record this season. 

Last season she averaged 20.7 points per game and led the Redbirds to a 23-4 record and a WIAA Division 1 sectional semifinal game. She was named to the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association all-state first team. 

“Thanks to all my coaches over the years — elementary, middle, high school and clubs —  for pushing me to be my best on the court,” she said at the press conference. 

Corrigan, meanwhile, has been known as a premiere wrestler in the state for the past few years. 

Wrestling at 120 pounds last year, Corrigan is a two-time runner-up at the WIAA Division state wrestling tournament. He has earned first team all-FRCC honors three times and is a 12-time varsity individual tournament champion.

“I’d like to say thanks to my parents for everything they do for me and the continual support through the highs and lows,” he said. 

Photos by Jaime Salinas