Bri Hone sings high praises for Show Choir experience

Morgan Bessett, Reporter

Brianna (Bri) Hone is a senior at De Pere High school, She is the Vice President of Chicago Street Singers the JV Show Choir here. Bri has been a part of Show Choir for all 4 years. She plans to attend UW-Oshkosh next fall and major in Radio-TV-Film. 

How has show choir impacted your life? Show Choir has impacted my life in so many amazing ways. It has drawn me closer to my friends and it has also made me so many new friends. Show Choir overall is just a huge bright spot in my day. I could walk in there with a bad mood and instantly I feel ten times better. Choir in general has been a second home and safe space for me since grade school. I genuinely love my team this year with all my heart and I can’t wait to see where the year takes us.

What was your greatest Show Choir memory? My greatest memory was Destination De Pere Let’s Jam. I remember walking on stage for the Chi Street performance and seeing the school’s gym completely full. It felt amazing and I don’t know if anything will ever replace what I felt that day. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? My dream is to be working full time at a radio station. IHeart Radio is the goal but honestly I will take whatever life gives to me. Music is such an important aspect of my life, so I can’t wait to bring music to other people and make their day. 

As a senior have you ever tried out for any type of solo, if not why? I have not. I have always been on the edge of trying out for a solo, but it’s just not a thing for me. Ever since Chicago Street Singer’s Hairspray set, I have wanted to audition but my anxiety and nerves get in the way. No matter what, I’m always insanely proud of our soloists and the hard work they put in.

Are you going to college for anything to do with the arts if not what are you going for? I am going to be attending UW-Oshkosh next fall. I will be majoring in Radio TV and Film and minoring in theater. I’m super excited because when I toured UWO just a few weeks ago, they put me in touch with the choir director so I can continue my love for choir. 

Who or what  influenced your love for show choir? During the Jam Session tour I was able to see them at Foxview for their district tour. When I saw them perform, I knew in my heart that it was something I wanted to be a part of. I went on to do the show choir summer school and the show choir day camps. I’m so happy I saw Jam Session perform when I did because who knows if I would’ve joined Show Choir without them. 

Have you been in Show Choir all 4 years of high school? I have. Seriously, it’s one of the best choices of my life. I always would make sure I had room in my school schedule because the idea of not being in a choir is a weird thought for me. 

What’s something that after 4 years you regret not doing? Even though I would probably not enjoy actually having a solo, I still wish I would’ve tried out just once. 

I believe it is your first year being vice president. How does it feel? It is my first year being VP, and it’s seriously amazing. I feel like I have such a special connection with all of my girls in Chi Street, and I’m so happy and honored that they chose me to be their vice president. I love my team so much.

What is your favorite subject in school, and your least favorite and why? If it isn’t obvious, by now my favorite subject in school is choir. The connections I have made in choir these 4 years have had life changing effects on me and everyone I meet in the choir room is so nice. My least favorite subject is math because I am just not a numbers person whatsoever. Even though I have to count all the time in choir, math is just a whole different beast that my brain can’t figure out whatsoever.