Tuning in to the Winter Concert was a great idea

Lucas Winkler, Reporter

The De Pere High School band, orchestra, and choir knocked it out of the park during their Winter Concert on Monday. 

Honestly, I was worried about the concert, thinking that it may end up being lousy. Moreover, it was a cold night, and I seriously debated leaving my car at all. 

The moment I entered the Weidner Center, however, both the cold and my worries melted away when I heard the jazz band playing comforting tunes in the lobby as people shuffled in.

I proceeded into the house, took my seat and looked over the program. I was delighted to see that “White Christmas”, my favorite Christmas song, was up first. The band, orchestra, and choir played perfectly together. None of them were so loud that they drowned out the others, and none were too quiet as to be drowned out. 

Needless to say, I was impressed. 

I continued to be impressed for the duration of the show. One could truly hear the amount of practice, passion, and attention to detail that was put into this concert by both its excellent conductors and musicians. I was so impressed, in fact, that I barely noticed the baby crying a few rows behind me.

For those who missed the Winter Concert, I highly recommend going next year. It’s only about an hour and free to enter, so there’s little reason not to. 

Plus, it never hurts to support your peers.