Esports team ready to go; practice begins in January

Emma Duquaine, Reporter

It’s official—De Pere High School is now a part of the Wisconsin High School ESports Association. 

Tryouts and practices will begin sometime in January. Those interested can contact Mohar for more information.

The JV team will be practicing on Thursdays, and the varsity team will be practicing on Tuesdays. Practice days for both teams will be held on Wednesdays after school in the community room or from home. 

“This is really happening,” Mohar, leader of the ESports club, says with enthusiasm about the possibilities and potential this organization has.

De Pere has made a 12k investment for six MSI pre-built PCs. 

“They are all-in-one computers, but they use off the shelf parts, so it’s effectively similar to building it yourself,” Kyle Seehawer, De Pere’s Technology Support Technician, stated.

The PC specs include an Intel i7 processor, 16 GB Ram, 1 TB SSD, and a GeForce RTX 3060 with 144 Hz monitors.

Along with the computers, other purchases include gaming keyboards, mice, mouse pads, and headsets. Students in the club are also able to bring their own gaming accessories from home. 

A Discord server was created for leaders and members of the club to communicate outside of school and during club practices. Important announcements and dates will also be posted on the server. 

Those interested in joining should email Mohar ([email protected]) for the Discord invite link.

Go to @dphs_esports on Instagram for updated information.