Crimson Aviator

The Student News Site of De Pere High School

Crimson Aviator

Crimson Aviator

Mrs. Jadin-Rice leaving DPHS for CESA7

She was the assistant principal for the past seven years
Mrs.+Jadin-Rice+
Mrs. Jadin-Rice

It’s the picture that she’s going to miss the most. 

At every De Pere High School graduation for the past seven years, assistant principal Mrs. Jadin-Rice has taken a picture with the kids that she taught back as a second grade teacher at Dickinson Elementary. 

However, this spring won’t be the same. 

“I’m kind of sad about that,” she said. “Usually, I would get a class picture together on graduation night, so I will have to have a FLEX session to get everybody together before I leave.” 

Effective Dec. 5, Mrs. Jadin-Rice will be leaving DPHS after dedicating seven years as an assistant principal and 13 years teaching at Dickinson. She said that she was proud to have been one of only two females who have held an administrative position at DPHS since its founding in 1870. 

As she moves to her new job at CESA 7, she will take part in a large organization that helps many communities and schools in northeast Wisconsin. She is especially excited to continue her connections with students and teachers as she moves around to different schools to help with the curriculums and teaching skills. 

There have been many changes in staff positions at DPHS over the last year including the principal, assistant principal, and now the second assistant principal. Mrs. Jadin-Rice’s position has yet to be filled, but she said the administrators hope to find someone before Dec. 5, so they can overlap for a smoother transition.

The hardest part about taking her position, she said, was turning in her resignation letter to DPHS principal Mr. Allen.

“We have worked together for seven years,” she said, “and he has been a friend more than a colleague and boss.” 

Furthermore, Mrs. Jadin-Rice said how proud she was to see the evolution of school spirit since she first took her position. 

“I really liked going to state basketball last year,” she said. “Somebody in the front row kept yelling to the drum major in the band to play the school song. When I first came here, kids didn’t even know what that was.”