Crimson Aviator

The Student News Site of De Pere High School

Crimson Aviator

Crimson Aviator

Mrs. Jeskie excited for new challenge at high school level

She previously was assistant principal at the middle school

Ivy Jeskie is taking the place of Mrs. Jadin-Rice’s role as assistant principal. She transferred from De Pere Middle School to De Pere High School. 

Mrs. Jeskie said that one reason she wanted to move to the high school was because of an increase in the activities.

“There’s so much going on here,” she said. 

Additionally, Mrs. Jeskie said she’s excited for a new challenge to conquer. 

“I’ve been in the middle school for 23 years,” she said, “so I felt like I would like to end my career at a high school level.”

Mrs. Jeskie said she’ll change her approach slightly between the two schools.

“High schoolers have matured a lot more and are really invested in their academics because they want to graduate,” she said. “So the approach on how I’ll talk to kids will be a little bit different. Middle school kids are still learning, and you have to teach them about a lot of behaviors, where I feel as high schoolers know how to act.” 

Mrs. Jeskie wants the staff and students at De Pere High to know that she is a person who loves to build relationships with kids and adults.

“I love being part of a school community, and I always want to be a safe spot for kids and staff to come to,” she said. 

Overall, she really wants to see how students change and grow throughout the years.

“I’m looking forward to seeing the different career paths that kids take,” Mrs. Jeskie said, ”and how their interests might change and also to look at their careers and see where they’re headed.”