Crimson Aviator

The Student News Site of De Pere High School

Crimson Aviator

Crimson Aviator

De Pere’s human computer

Ansh Patel says planning is the key to keeping up with all of his advanced classes

Ansh Patel is a sophomore at De Pere High. His classmates say he’s inhumanly smart and hardworking. He took the time to answer a few questions from the Crimson Aviator.

Q: What AP/Advance classes are you taking this year?

A: This year I’m taking AP Physics, AP European History, AP Lang, and in Pre-Calculus this year they are offering the AP Pre-Calculus exams, and I’m taking that as well.

Q: What are your easiest and hardest classes/subjects?

A: I’d say the easiest for me right now is probably biology. The hardest is maybe AP European History. I think the skills for that class are the most demanding.

Q: Do all of your classes ever get overwhelming?

A: (Some) days it can get overwhelming, but I think overall it’s never gotten to a point where I’ve been super-stressed where it was kind of taking a big toll on me. It’s a lot of rigor, definitely a lot of work.

Q: Do you have any college plans?

A: As far as what college I plan on attending, the reach school for me would probably be UPenn for finance. But ideally I’d go to UW-Madison. 

Q: What other majors and minors are you considering? 

A: A potential minor for me might be data science. I might also consider computer science as a major. But I’m definitely leaning more towards business and finance.

Q: Are you involved in any extracurriculars?

A: Yes, I’m part of Key Club, that’s volunteering. I’m the president of the Investing Club at our school. I do math team and metro math, Hope Squad, and maybe a few other things in there as well.

Q: How do you find time for everything?

A: It’s all about planning. I like to keep a calendar and just break up every activity into chunks so it’s more manageable.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: On the weekends I like to play video games with friends. I enjoy playing music as well. I play the piano and violin, so I also do that throughout the week.

Q: Do you take any music classes?

A: I’m part of the De Pere orchestra and I also take piano lessons outside of school.

Q: What are you passionate about?

A: I’m really passionate about educating students about investing, even stuff like taxes and business. I think that’s something a lot of kids don’t have experience with, so I try as much as I can to educate people on that, I think it’s really cool. I’d also say I’m really passionate about music, like jazz and classical music.

Q: What motivates you?

A: I just want to push myself to be the best version of myself possible, so I look to take every opportunity I can get. I think if I don’t take those opportunities, I’ll end up regretting it later.