Crimson Aviator

The Student News Site of De Pere High School

Crimson Aviator

Crimson Aviator

Theater veteran will miss playing many roles at DPHS

Tegen Lowney, a senior at De Pere High School, has been able to answer some questions about his acting and music life. Lowney was one of the main lead actors, playing the role of Mr. Hart, in the “9 to 5” play in November. 

Q: What are some things you can tell me about yourself?

A:  I have been acting since I was in kindergarten. I have done a lot of community theater. I really enjoy theater and arts because I feel like it gives you ways to express different things.

Q: How do you feel after finishing the play?

A: It’s kind of bittersweet. We put in a lot of work into the show and having an amazing cast. I really enjoyed being in the play even though it stings that it’s my last play, since I won’t be here anymore.

Q: What is the best part about being in plays and acting?

A:  The best part of being in plays is being able to have the chance to not act normally the way you do in front of everyone else, and taking on a role about somebody else. In addition to that, there are a lot of things I like about acting such as the environment and how people around that are supportive of one another.

Q: Are you going to pursue acting in college?

A: I currently don’t plan on specifically going for acting in college, though acting will be a huge part of my life after school.

Q: You’re into music. When did you start playing instruments?

A: I started playing piano, which was my main instrument, when I was three years old. I played competitively for a while, though I stopped playing for a while until I really picked up again when I was asked to joined jazz band. That just opened me up to new people, and to have more connections with friends and to socialize with more music.

Q: What are some goals you have for the future?

A: As of now, It’s just to succeed in life. A current goal I have education wise is to attend Carroll University for athletic training, and hopefully become an athletic trainer for professional sports somewhere. As of now, I don’t know where the future will take me.

Q: What are you going to miss the most at DPHS?

A: There’s a lot that I’m going to miss. I’m really going to miss my friends and teachers the most because I’ve gotten close to them over the years. I’m also going to miss the daily routine of coming to high school and having to head to classes. I definitely don’t expect the same as in college.